Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Somtimes, Life Sucks!

Hi people, it's me, PoorGrrl. It's been a while since I've blogged, but I'm beginning to wonder why I should even bother because no one's even listening to, or should I say reading, me. I feel rejected, like when you send a manuscript to a publisher and they send it back saying, "No thanks!" You had such high hopes for your literary baby, then someone comes along and tells you that your "baby" is deformed. That's how I feel. I feel like my life's deformed. I got fired from my job yesterday, which, ironically, was also my anniversary date for getting the job. Now I need help from the blogging community more than ever, but I seriously doubt that anyone will donate even a dollar or two. I'm really down in the dumps. I'm sort of relieved to be out of that job, even though I need the money desperately. My director, Deborah, and I have been on a collison course since June when she changed my time care behind my back. Yeah, that would piss off anybody, but Fearless Leader didn't see it that way. Supposedly I was "milking the clock" when I clocked back in from my break then went to the bathroom. Yes, I had a two hour break, but I didn't have to go to the bathroom then. I ate lunch in the schoolers' room (I worked in day care) then I went out to my car and took an hour nap. I've done that many times before, and then clocked in when break was over, went to the restroom, then went to my classroom to finish out my day. It seems to me that if Deborah had a problem with what I was doing she should 've talked to me about it earlier instead of waiting a year or more then changing my time card behind my back. She took six minutes off my time card when I was in the bathroom no more than three minutes(I also brushed my teeth). Well, to make a long story short(er), I had a confrontation with Fearless Leader and stormed out of the building. I also didn't work the next day because when I showed up for work Deborah and the assistant director, Esther, were both waiting for me and tried to get me to sign this paper saying I was wrong. I refused to sign and left. I did go back to work the next day, but tension between me and Deborah was just beneath the service. It boiled over this past Friday when I confronted Deborah about why she let another teacher put her disruptive child in my class at naptime without asking me first. It's not that I want to tell my director what to do, but I feel that any teacher should be asked, or at least politely informed, if they're going to have a difficult child dumped on them. After all, the receiving teacher might have her hands full with her own difficult child(ren) and can't handle another one. That's why directors need to communicate with their staff, but Deborah never thought she should. She didn't think twice, for example, about enrolling a new kid in your class without giving you any prior notice. That happened to me on five different occasions. On one of the last ocassions, I was so mad that I complained to a parent that I was quite close to, and she got it! She understood that not informing me about a new child made me feel stupid. I was floored that a parent who's not in child care understood and Deborah didn't. When I talked to Deborah about it she got defensive and angry and started rambling on about day care being a service business. Yes, day care is a service business, but that has nothing to do with not communicating with your staff. In fact, communicating with your staff is even more crucial in a service business because knowing what's going on makes your staff look more professional instead of like amateurs who're just shooting from the hip. But Fearless Leader didn't see things that way, so now I'm out of a job. I'm hoping for the best. In the mean time, I really need help from the blogger community. If anyone out there is kind enough to help, please look at my page on savemesites.com and donate. Just a dollar or two from 500-600 people would help me tremendously, and I know that there are millions out there writing and reading blogs. You can find a link to savemesites.com and full info on finding my page on my first post. I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing. Hope I have some good news when I post next. Bye for now! PoorGrrl

No comments: