Monday, August 29, 2005

Bittersweet Symphony

Hello bloggerland. This weekend was bittersweet for me. First, this was the weekend my nephew, Kendric, moved into his dorm at U.T. Austin. I rode down with him and his parents. I wanted to cry, but didn't because I didn't want to embarass him in front of his roommate. I cried like a baby when I got home. I just can't believe that time's gone by so fast. It was just yesterday that Kendric was gaga over Pokemon and couldn't wait to play the tickle game with his favorite aunt, me! I feel like Kendric's life just slipped through my hands. I feel like I had him in my arms one minute, looked away for a second, and then he was gone to college! It hurt to let him go, but I was also very proud of him. Not every kid makes it this far. Kendric's a good kid with his head on straight and I'm so grateful for that. I know he'll do great in college. And I should be happy he chose U.T. Austin instead of Cornell. If he were that far away I really would be a basket case!
I had some good news for myself. As you know, I got fired from my job last Monday. Well, I got a new job with my best friend, and I start tomorrow. This job is only part-time and just pays minimum wage, but at least I'll have some money coming in. Plus, my friend said if I can't pay my rent I can live in the back of her antique store where I'll be working. The store is really a charming, two-bedroom house. I can have the back bedroom,which is quite large, for a place to stay, rent-free, if things get too tight in my apartment. I have a great best friend, and I'll take her up on her offer if I have to, but I'm really trying hard not to have a second eviction on my record, so I'll avoid moving out at all cost. Speaking of cost, one of my crocheted bears sold on Saturday. My friend has another antique store where her son works and she let me put some of my bears in there and one actually sold! And only one day after I put them out! I'm hoping and praying that this will be the beginning of a lucrative business for me.
So, this weekend really was bittersweet. My nephew, my baby, went off to college, I got a new job, and one of my bears sold. And, as you can see, I found out how to make paragraphs on the computer! Sometimes, life is beautiful!

No comments: