Thursday, November 22, 2007

It Snowed!!!

Guess what? It snowed! That's right. In a VERY surprising change of weather big white flakes fell from the sky for about 30 minutes. It was awesome! I'm sure people up north will think, "So what" but here in this part of Texas the white stuff is always greeted with childlike glee. We get so little of it here and hardly ever before January. And what's really weird is that the high was 80 just this past Tuesday. That old saying is true: if you don't like the weather in Texas wait a few minutes. Well, it took 48 hours for a change but it was worth the wait. It SNOWED!!

3 comments:

JMK said...

That's cool and the best part is that it doesn't seem to stick around in your parts to ice up and make driving treacherous.

That's a GOOD thing!

mccommas said...

We had a dusting here and an old lady I know that is from Florida was amazed.

She ain't seen nothing yet. I just love it when my wind sheild wipers get frozen ice on them and you have to pull over and smash it off so they can do their job and I can see!

Then go a few miles and then have to do it all over again!

I miss Florida. I loved the hot summers even more than the mild winters. I did see snow flying around in the air once. It does get cold in the winter on the North end.

But the snow melted before it hit the ground. I know what you mean. It seemed magical.

WomanHonorThyself said...

well now go skiing girl!..ha