Friday, October 28, 2005

Back from the Carnival*

I'm home!

I went to the Halloween carnival at my sister's school like I wrote about yesterday, and now I'm home. Actually, I've been home for about an hour and a half. I've been on the computer checking my e-mail and just surfing the net a while before I go to bed. I decided to post before I got too sleepy to think straight.

The carnival was great! I helped Sis with the cake walk. It was fun watching people, especially the kids, get all excited over winning a cake. Those were some yummy looking cakes, too. I think I would've been pretty happy if I'd won one. I didn't do the cake walk, though. I just worked the music, stopping and starting the cd, while the people walked around the numbered circle. All the cakes were won, and there were at least 20 of them! I was glad that no cakes were left over, because they were donated by the parents and I didn't want anyone to feel like they'd wasted their money.

I didn't spend all of my time working the cake walk. For about 45 minutes, while a parent volunteer worked the cake walk music, I walked around to see the rest of the carnival. There was a live band this year, instead of a dj booth. There was face painting, sponge tossing, hair painting, football tossing, a bounce house, and, of course, the cake walk. Domino's pizza was for sale, as was candy, cotton candy, nachos, sodas, and my favorite, funnel cakes! The turnout didn't seem as big as the last carnival I went to, and not as many kids came in their Halloween costumes, but everyone who did come was having a good time.

I'm glad Sis invited me to the carnival. This might be the last one I go to, since Sis is seriously considering leaving her present career for something different. She might stay a librarian, but at the high school or even college level. So this probably was the last hurrah at her current school. Hmmmmm...so much change. Nephews grow up, sisters change careers, fathers die...so much change. But I digress. I'll end on the happy note that I had a great time with Sis at the carnival. It was a great way to start the week-end!

No comments: