Friday, February 12, 2010

Record Snowfall

My humble neck of the woods outdid itself yesterday. Instead of 5 inches of snow, which would've been a LOT itself, we broke the previous record set 30 years ago and got a FOOT AND A HALF of the white stuff! That's just frickin' AMAZING!!!!

I went outside this morning and took some pictures on my street. When I stepped in the snow it almost came up to the top of my boots. It was almost scary. The pics, though, are great. I never knew how pretty snow covered trees could be. Unfortunately, the snow is starting to melt. The stuff on the trees is the first casualty of warming temperatures, but the ground cover is so thick it'll probably be here until Valentine's Day, if not later.

This has been quite an experience. Beautiful snow, a four day weekend, great pics. And I owe it all to global warming. Who woulda thunk it!

3 comments:

WomanHonorThyself said...

sorry havent been around as much hun..Computer problems..oiy!..:) have a blessed weekend!

Skunkfeathers said...

Ah, SA, you is truly blessed by Confucius.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun? Snow, where you usually don't get it will stop everything but the fun you can have in it. Hope you made the best of it.