Thursday, February 04, 2010

Crash! Part Deux

Well friends, it happened again.

Only a couple of days after my laptop, Li'l Lappy, was repaired after he crashed, he started crashing again. Remember, he was in almost like-new condition when I brought him home from the rental store Saturday. By Monday that like-new condition was gone, baby, gone! I, however, was in denial. I didn't want Li'l Lappy to be on his last legs, but by Tuesday evening I had to admit LL was going belly up. It was kind of sad 'cause I was rather attached to him; but, time to move on.

Tonight I went back to the rental store and got a laptop upgrade. Now, I'm the proud "parent" of a Dell whom I've named D-Bop, which is a play on one of my favorite Cindy Lauper songs, "She Bop". I only turned D-Bop on just over an hour ago so we're still getting to know each other, but I think this is going to be a great relationship. D-Bop is much faster than Li'l Lappy was when I first got him, and he has Windows Vista. Li'l Lappy just had Windows XP.

Yep, I think this is going to work out just fine. I don't think there'll be any more interruptions to my posting due to computer problems. How can there be? Dude, I've got a Dell!

2 comments:

Tom said...

I ended up getting a HP laptop last summer to help me get through school, and I really like it. It came with Vista, and I upgraded to Win 7. And I like Win 7 better than XP or Vista.

Thought about the Dell, but I didn't like the Function key layout.

Hope you were able to save all your files, though.

Skunkfeathers said...

Apparently, your last laptop was worked on by a libtard.

May your new 'un be 'tard-free!