Friday, July 18, 2008

Feeling Vindicated

Last night I saw a man on The Glenn Beck Show who made me feel really good. The man's name is Andrew Klavan and he's a conservative in Hollywood. Glenn Beck had Klavan on his show to promote his new novel "Empire of Lies", a political thriller with an evangelical Christian as the hero.

What I liked about Andrew Klavan was that he echoed an issue that weighs on my own heart; an issue that I feel too many conservatives still don't fully grasp the significance of. Klavan said that conservatives have lost the culture and that we have no one to blame but ourselves. He said the Left dominates the entertainment industry--publishing as well as Hollywood--because conservatives surrendered it to them without a fight. Oh, we complain loudly and righteously about the corruption coming out of Hollyweird, but we don't counter it with anything better. And we are often the people watching the stuff. Glenn Beck concurred, pointing out that the most popular tv show among professedly Christian women is "Desperate Housewives".

Klavan, who's worked with some big names in Hollywood, wrote his novel to try and change things. He said conservatives must start creating high quality art and entertainment that winsomely conveys our point of view. That's something I've been saying for a while; that's why I feel vindicated. I was beginning to think I was alone in my opinon. Most other conservatives are dogmatically committed to politics as the sole means of advancing our cause. They refuse to acknowledge that while we were winning elections and running the country the culture became more and more liberal. That's because liberals control the culture. Klavan understands that and is working to beat the liberals at their own game. I'm cheering for him, and I thank him for vindicating me.

6 comments:

JMK said...

Sadly, Conservatives haven't only ceded Hollywood and the entertainment induswstry, but the media (print and broadcast) and education as well.

That's why no matter what political gains are made by rational Conservatives, they're often undone by emotional Liberals in those areas.

Gingrich is one of the few high profile Conservative voices that recognizes that.

Seane-Anna said...

I agree TOTALLY with you, JMK. I just wish more conservatives were like Gingrich and Andrew Klavan and started doing something about this problem.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I think that he has vindicated a lot of us, who as we listen to the polls tell us that we are completely alone, when we are really not. I can't wait for the ball to get rolling on his "giving it back to the liberals" plan. He can count me in on that. And jmk said it....when he said that Newt Giingrich is one of the few high profile Conservatives that recognize what is going on. But at least we are out here too. Sooner or later, we WILL win out....if we persevere.

-Robert-

WomanHonorThyself said...

hey u!...I never heard of him but the shows are half passed shallow arent they!!

Seane-Anna said...

"...half passed shallow..." Perfect description of 99% of what comes out of Hollyweird. Good one, Angel!

Rita Loca said...

I noticed your site on my sitemeter and thought I would come by to check you out. Looks like a great blog.