Sunday, October 07, 2012

And The Winner Was...

...Romney!

It's been declared for almost a week now that Mitt Romney won the first presidential debate which took place last Wednesday night.  I can't really say if that's true or not because I didn't watch the whole thing.  I had to go to bed in the middle of the debate because I had to get up at 3am for work.  On the way to work Thursday morning and on the way home from work Thursday afternoon the radio talk shows were all abuzz with debate analysis and reactions.  Apparently some mainstream media commentators, particularly Chris "tingle up my leg" Matthews, didn't take Obama's lackluster performance very well.  On the other hand, some conservative radio talk show host were almost gloating.  I think that's uncalled for.  So Romney won the first debate; that's good, but there are two more debates to go and Obama can quickly get back on game.  Conservatives should be praying that Romney will beat Obama in the next two rounds and gain the lead among independents, especially those in the swing states, that he needs to win.  In other words, it ain't over till it's over.  Save the gloating for November 7.

3 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

I loved how unhinged the Left was over the debate, both with their excuses and their complaints (Barry couldn't handle the 'altitude'?).

But I agree: it ain't over 'til it's over. I have hope, offset with a great deal of distrust of the libs.

Wise Conservatism said...

I also love how unhinged they got too. But what I am really waiting for is the Ryan Biden Debate. Ryan is going to have Biden for lunch, dinner and a snack. And then we can all enjoy the media and the liberals as they totally lose the hinges.

Great post my friend.

Skunkfeathers said...

2nd debate update: Romney won this one as well, despite being tag-teamed by the pimp Barry and his lamestream media slut Candy. Barry and Candy even did a duet, "Lies About Libya".

Romney-Ryan '12. Only way for real Americans to go.