Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Demon Cancer

I was totally saddened when I heard on the news that Elizabeth Edwards, wife of presidential candidate John Edwards, and White House press secretary Tony Snow both have suffered recurrences of their cancer.

I'd actually been wondering how Elizabeth Edwards was doing. I figured she was doing fine since her husband had decided to run for president again. Boy, was I wrong. And I was wrong about Tony Snow, too. He seemed the picture of health. I remember Mr. Snow proudly proclaiming himself cancer free when he was first chosen to be White House press secretary, and now we find out that not only has his cancer returned, it's spread to his liver. Ms. Edwards' cancer has spread also, to her bones.

I don't care what Ms. Edwards' or Mr. Snow's political, religious, or social beliefs are. My heart goes out to both of them and their families. I've seen two beloved family members die painful deaths because of this demon called cancer and I feel that you can't have anything but sympathy for anyone stricken with this killer. Elizabeth Edwards and Tony Snow are in my prayers. Please put aside your partisan differences and put them in yours, too.

No comments: