Monday, June 07, 2010

Tribute To The Troops

This is my late D-Day and Memorial Day post. Sorry I didn't post anything on those actual days. I've had my mind on other things and yesterday when I finally got online in the evening Blogger was down. So I'm posting my ode to our gallant fighting men today. It's a song I wrote back in '07 and first posted on Sinistra's Bane--then PoorGrrl Zone--on February 20 of that year. The song is called "Hail Us Now Our Great Defenders!". It's sung to Beethoven's "Ode to Joy". Enjoy and honor the troops!

"Hail Us Now Our Great Defenders!"
(sung to Beethoven's "Ode to Joy")

by Seane-Anna

Hail us now our great Defenders!
Soldiers bold and soldiers strong!
Fighting with a fearsome splendor
'gainst the foes of Freedom's song!

Gun and tank and bomb and rifle
evil enemies do slay,
in the hands of our brave warriors
pledged to keep us free and safe.

Hail us now our great Defenders!
Guarding Freedom's Home with steel,
like the Lord of Hosts above us
saving with His righteous shield!

Strength and courage are their armor
and them both they proudly wear.
Knowing well the holy nature
of the Cause they chose to bear.

Hail us now our great Defenders!
Like the Spartans, we admire!
Standing firm and never falt'ring
'fore the awesome Gates of Fire!

Long and hard, with grit they struggle
for our precious Land to save.
We, their sons in spirit honor
those who fullest measure gave.

This song popped into my head almost fully formed when I was putting my day care babies to sleep. "Ode to Joy" was playing as the nap time music and the words just came to me. I'm rather proud of my little ode to the troops and I thought it was time to bring it out again. Hope you enjoyed it!

God bless America!
God bless our troops!

8 comments:

Skunkfeathers said...

Two thumbs up ;-)

彥安彥安 said...

自拍貼熟女自拍俱樂部台灣美女自拍寫真圖片夫妻自拍論壇學生妹做愛自拍線上色情片免費線上色情片免費看線上成年人影片線上成人影片a直播線上成人網站影片線上女優短片線上片免費看線上片試看線上卡通色線上卡通動畫線上卡通網線上台灣 18a 片網線上同志漫畫線上字線上成人線上成人免費go2線上成人動畫網線上成人電影分享線上色情片免費觀賞線上色情免費看線上免費卡通影片線上免費同志影片線上免費成人片試看線上免費成人長片線上免費成人區蜜雪兒免費小說 色ˋ情小說 同志聊天室視訊

EleanoreBla昭彥 said...

能猜得出女人真實年齡的男人也許耳聰目明,但肯定毫無大腦。哈哈!............................................................

wiseconservatism.com said...

Sorry that I got here so long after your post, but I was moved. This is a great post, and a great song. I am sure that the troops, if they see this would enjoy it too.

Skunkfeathers said...

The chinks liked the song so much, look, they're singing arong...

benjaminga said...

好喜歡你的部落格唷,剛下班,要去睡了!!!掰~~ ....................................................

暴枝盈 said...

真是好文呀~~給你拍拍手再加分!!!..................................................

雅馨 said...

sex情色 xvediox免費情色影片 Xmatch成人交友中心 383成人影城 軍中情人視訊 557557 com成人視訊 五分鐘護半身視訊交友 色色辣妺視訊 交友聊天室mh053 cf視訊聊天室 383 影音 live 秀 yam交友美女視訊 我愛黑澀會 台灣18成年人網 自拍密錄館sex888 一夜情,18禁地少女遊戲 557557 視訊交友 4qk色美媚入口 hi5 tv免費影片援交走光 成人夜未眠 xvediox com sex520免費影片harry 男人幫論壇twclub 辣妹情色視訊 080情人網免費av影片 交友愛戀速配網 bt成人下載av 淫娃免費視訊聊天室 真人美女辣妹鋼管脫衣秀 豆豆出租名模情人視訊 aio交友愛情館85cc 免費視訊聊天 no4 視訊聊天ilover99 本土辣妹34c影片直播 avhigh成人視訊交友 168論壇aio色妹妹 本土自拍性感辣妹 癡電車漢短片 a片-a 片天堂 av 短片 aa 片免費看 亞洲禁果影城姐弟 成人聊天fm1768 高雄視訊 情色視訊sex 辣妹視訊 xvediox av127影音視訊聊天室 sexy girls get fucked大學生視訊 一夜情辣妹no36k情人視訊網