Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thank You, John Kerry

I want to thank Senator John Kerry. I voted early this year and even though I'm a conservative I felt kind of blah voting for Republicans. I've been really disappointed in President Bush on some key issues, most notably illegal immigration, and only voted Republican because I knew the Democratic/liberal alternative would be worse. Well, Senator Kerry showed me just how much worse the Dems/libs really are and made me feel good about voting Republican.

As you all know, Senator Kerry insulted our troops once again--how many times is this guy gonna do this?--and showed everyone willing to see just what the Dems/libs are all about. Liberals/Dems are anti-military and they are anti-victory. For them, the only enemy is George W. Bush and they will do anything, say anything, and support any real enemy of America to bring the President down. That's not just partisan ranting on my part; I sincerely believe it. And for proof, look no further than Senator Kerry's Oct. 30 anti-troop "joke".

I've known for a while that Kerry and the rest of the Dem/lib cabal are anti-military. They've revealed their true feelings for decades. Kerry first made a name for himself slandering our troops as baby killers before Congress in 1971. More recently, he accused them of "terrorizing" Iraqi women and children, and then came his October surprise when he all but called our fighting men stupid, saying that if young people don't study they'll end up in Iraq. I know that the liberal media and blogs are tripping all over themselves trying to spin this remark into something it's not, but I think most Americans now know the truth. Most Americans now see the Dems/libs for what they really are: anti-military, anti-victory, anti-America traitors.

Yes, I called Dems/libs anti-America. Yes, I'm questioning their patriotism. People who slander our troops (John Kerry), call America evil (Cindy Sheehan), and use their power to aid and abet our enemies (Teddy Kennedy) are TRAITORS. Efforts by liberals to whitewash this treason by calling it dissent won't work. A few years ago straight talking Judge Judy wrote a book titled "Don't Pee On My Leg and Tell Me It's Raining". When liberals use their dissent-is-patriotism argument to try to sanitize their anti-American rants, they're peeing on our national leg and calling it rain. And they expect us to be dumb enough to believe them. Well, we're not.

Patriots support their country, love their country, defend their country, pray for their country, and oppose their country's enemies. They don't blame their country first when she gets into a conflict with another nation. They don't rush to believe the worst about their own troops while demanding lawyers for enemy fighters captured on the battlefield. Patriotism means something and in these perilous times we can't afford to take anyone's patriotism for granted. We can't assume that someone's patriotic just because he was born and raised in America. We also can't assume that someone's a patriot just because he's a combat veteran. Just as someone can go to church as a child yet become an atheist as an adult, so too can someone fight for his country in his youth then turn against her years later. It happens; John Kerry and John Murtha are sad proof of that.

So, I'm glad I voted Republican. I now realize more clearly than ever what I was voting against, and I have more hope about what I was voting for. The Republicans are not perfect; they've made a lot of mistakes in Iraq, but at least they have a history of being reliably pro-America. Senator Kerry reminded me of that. Thanks again, John.

No comments: