Sunday, March 30, 2014

Time To Leave "The Walking Dead"?

It's on.  The last episode of season 4 of The Walking Dead.  And for me this episode may be the last one, period.  Why?  Because of gay character Tara Chalmers.  Before you throw rocks at me, this isn't about being anti-gay, it's about being anti-propaganda.

When I started watching The Walking Dead three years ago I just wanted to watch a scary, suspenseful tale of people trying to survive a zombie apocalypse; I didn't want to be "agendaized".  And Hollywood being what it is, you know a gay character was added to TWD only for propaganda purposes.  Gay is good!  Gays are normal!  I don't want that.

Don't misunderstand me.  If I go into a movie, book, or TV show knowing there's a message, that's one thing.  Then I can prepare myself for it and choose to overlook it if the story is good enough.  But if a show presents itself as one thing and then, later, slips "agenda stuff" in, that I don't like!  Especially when it's left-wing, secular progressive agenda stuff.  And that's what having a gay character on The Walking Dead is.

Think about it.  What does Tara Chalmers' lesbianism add to the show?  What makes it necessary?  Nothing, except its propaganda value.  Gay is good!  Gays are normal!  Gays are everywhere!

I'm a Bible-believing Christian.  I believe homosexual behavior is a sin.  I believe in traditional marriage.  Those are my convictions, and if I'm going to live by them I can't support anything that actively opposes or undermines them.  Is The Walking Dead doing that by adding lesbian Tara Chalmers to the cast?  Most likely, though I really, really hope not.  But if it is, goodbye The Walking Dead.

No comments: